20 effective pick-up lines for trade shows and events
As an exhibitor, it’s your mission to get in touch with trade show visitors. Yet, it isn’t always easy to start a conversation with people as they walk past your stand. Most people don’t take initiative when it comes up to start a conversation. This is where your skills as an exhibitor come in: you have to get out there and separate the wheat from the chaff.
But how are you going to approach random people? By using catchy, funny and attentive pick-up lines it will much easier to break the ice. So, get rid of the ‘can I help you?’ questions. It’s time for some fresh inspiration!
Catchy pick-up lines
The best business pick-up lines are catchy, personal and a bit disturbing. It takes quite some self-confidence but makes the most impact. Even the ones who feel slightly uncomfortable won’t be able to suppress a smile.
- Hi! I think I lost my colleague. Can I borrow yours?
- Can I give you a tip? The cookies on this stand are outrageously good.
- I’m looking for a good conversation. Can you help me?
- How does it feel to be the most intelligent woman at this exhibition?
- (Name on the badge)! Finally, you found us!
- Excuse me, do you know what time it is? - Excellent! Time for coffee.
- I bet with my colleague that I will have collected more leads than him before 11 am. Can you help me?
- Today I’m only addressing seemingly intelligent people. How are you doing?
- Excuse me, you almost walked past the showpiece of this show!
- Do you like music? Good. Because my offer is like music to your ears!
Engagement pick-up lines
Everybody likes receiving compliments, giving their opinion or answering practical questions. Showing interest in someone’s look, opinion or general knowledge creates a positive vibe and usually leads to great conversations.
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you like our stand?
- I absolutely love your shoes!
- What’s the best thing you’ve seen all day?
- I’m about to go for a walk around the exhibition. Any recommendations on where to go?
- I’m looking for an honest opinion. What do you think about my new suit?
Short pick-up lines
These short pick-up lines are perfect to get creative with. Challenge visitors with curious dilemma’s, show them that you’ve noticed them before or ask a simple question to create interaction. The trick is to keep it short and simple.
1. This is the second time I’ve seen you today!
2. I’ve got a question for you.
3. Choose: Green or orange?
4. Hey, have you seen this?
5. Are you in a hurry?
Just do it!
Many exhibitors rarely cross the borders of their exhibition stand. So, get out there and bring some of these pick-up lines along. You will stand out of the crowd and make people smile (uncomfortably, or not). Guess who’s leaving the exhibition with most leads?